Little things are important!
A small change can make a big difference…and improve your part's performance & longevity.
We'll look at what the rubber is in contact with & what may attack it (ozone, oils, abrasion, chemicals, temperature). Then we'll look at how to improve it.
Design improvements can:
- improve abrasion resistance & prolong service life
- improve ozone resistance & reduce the effect of aging
- increase vibration isolation & reduce equipment noise caused by excessive vibration
- absorb or deflect energy
- increase the elasticity (stretch & rebound)
- change the coefficient of friction (the Grip or Slip)
GB Rubber Supply can help with the design & composition.
Important facts about rubber…
- Higher operating temperatures often coincide with increased chemical attack on the rubber.
- Hard rubber generally has better chemical resistance than soft rubber.
- Every type of rubber is available in different grades - ranging from moderate to outstanding performance.
- Every grade varies in chemical resistance. Performance & longevity depend on the ingredients.
Compounds are custom formulated to suit the performance requirements of your part.
GB Rubber Supply Ltd.
6347 Samron Road,
Sechelt BC, Canada
Call Us at: (604) 897-1238